How Much Does Alaska Airlines Charge For Baggage?
Alaska Airlines is among the major airlines of America that operates its flights to the nearby and connecting regions. The services and facilities of the airline make the journey comfortable and relaxing.
While travelling, a passenger is always worried about the baggage i.e. its size, weight and dimensions. Before booking a ticket, a passenger should refer to the baggage policy of Alaska airlines. The baggage allowance varies according to the kind of baggage a passenger is taking along. The only baggage that a passenger is allowed to carry in the flight is carry-on luggage. The specifications of these baggage are mentioned below:
- A passenger can carry one carry-on bag and one personal item.
- The linear dimension of the carry-on baggage is 22x14x9 inches including the handles and wheels.
- Alaska airlines carry-on baggage weight may vary according to the items carried by the passenger but it should be such that gets easily fitted in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of passengers.
- Diaper bags of a kid are counted as one personal item.
- The airline has changed the specifications of carry-on baggage due to large bags being carried on the flight. The excess baggage used to slow down the boarding process and overstuffing in the overhead bin.
Alaska Airlines baggage cutoff varies according to destinations. Some of them are mentioned below:
- If any passenger is travelling from Guadalajara, then the baggage cut-off time is 90 minutes.
- The cities having a baggage cut-off time of 45 minutes are Atlanta, Las Vegas, Denver and Philadelphia.
- These cut-off times will not ensure the timing for boarding at the departure gate.
The baggage fee of Alaska airlines is as follows:
- The passengers are charged with $30 for the first bag.
- For the second bag, charges are increased to $40.
- After that, for the third and each additional baggage, $100 is charged per bag.
For more info about the baggage policy or other services in the airline, Alaska Airlines Customer Service can be contacted. The representatives in the airline serve the passengers travelling with them with the best possible assistance so that they can experience a pleasant journey. To contact them, a passenger can call, email or use live chat support. The contact details are there on the official web page of Alaska airlines.