What Is The British Airways Cancellation Policy?
Wish to cancel your booking with British Airways and have no clue about the cancellation process and guidelines? Then, you are in the right place as in this article you will be offered with the complete info regarding the guidelines so one can easily cancel their booking and process a quick refund.
How can one confirm their flight cancellation with British Airways?
The travelers who are wondering what are the guidelines of British Airways cancellation policy can check out the details mentioned below and manage their bookings accordingly.
- As per the general guidelines, travelers can cancel their booking within 24 hours of the purchase.
- Further, in the above case, it is required that the flight ticket is confirmed at least a week before the departure of the flight.
- Also, no penalty or cancellation fee will be charged against the British Airways reservations.
- However, for the flight tickets that are cancelled after 24 hours of booking, they are charged with a cancellation fee or penalty that one can confirm by reaching out to the reservation department of the airline.
- Besides, the travelers who have confirmed their reservations via travel agent are required to contact them directly to cancel and process the refund.
COVID-19 guidelines for ticket cancellation with British Airways
As per the recent changes in the British Airways cancellation policy, the traveler who wishes to cancel their booking confirmed during the pandemic can cancel their booking online and they will be provided with a voucher that they can redeem for their future travel. Further, the voucher provided will be of the full value of the ticket.
Refund guidelines for British Airways booking
As per the British Airways Refund policy, the travelers who are planning to claim a refund against their booking can check out the refund guidelines mentioned below:
- For the reservations that are cancelled within one day of the purchase of the flight ticket, they will be offered a full refund without any deduction.
- And for the reservations that are cancelled outside one day of booking, then a certain amount of cancellation fee or penalty amount will be deducted from the refund amount.
Thus, these are the guidelines of the refund policy that would help one can to easily cancel their booking and process a quick refund for the same.
What is the procedure to cancel reservations confirmed with British Airways?
To cancel British Airways booking, the traveler can either reach out to the airline customer service or follow the steps mentioned below:
- On the airline homepage, click on the manage tab and provide the reservation details.
- Further, the traveler can opt for the cancellation option for the booking and proceed.
- If the booking is eligible, the reservation cancellation will be confirmed.
- After that, the traveler can make use of the provided info and process a quick refund for the same.
Reaching out to British Airways to cancel booking and process refund
The travelers who have failed to cancel their booking or need assistance regarding the refund can reach out to the customer service by dialing British Airways phone number and by following the instructions mentioned below:
- After dialing the customer service number, the traveler needs to wait for the IVR.
- Further, the traveler can select the cancellation option and provide the booking details.
- After that, the traveler can confirm the cancellation of the reservations and plan out their trip accordingly.
Thus, this is complete info on how one can cancel and process a refund for their British Airways booking. In case, if the traveler needs more info or assistance, one can feel free to reach out to the reservation department of the airline and manage their reservations in time.