Does Delta have to compensate for delays?
Delta airlines are preferable worldwide as they will provide several facilities while traveling or at the airport. Delta airlines give you compensation if your flight is delayed due to any issue related to the airline's technical issue, unavailable staff problem, etc. You need to read below if you want to know the Delta compensation policies and the process.
The compensation policies of Delta airlines are below.
The information about compensation policies is essential as it will tell you whether you are liable to get compensated or will not get any compensation.
- You will receive complete care at the airport if your delta flight delayed 2 hours compensation; if you want, cancel your flight and apply for compensation.
- You could apply for compensation if you lost your baggage while traveling or your luggage is misplaced after check-in.
- You can also apply for compensation if you cancel the flight due to medical issues. Still, in that case, you need to show the relevant documents from the registered institution.
- If you apply for any special assistance for your disability, like an extra legroom seat, a seat near the toilet, etc., and you paid for it. Still, if you will not receive any of that facilities, you can apply for compensation.
- You will apply for compensation if you do not receive a meal per your ticket.
- If you make the bookings from any official Delta Airlines representative, you need to contact them for compensation.
Ways to apply for the compensation are below.
Via call: You can contact the representative and tell them about your compensation. The fastest way to connect is via phone call, and to communicate on call, you need to make a call on the mentioned number 1 (800) 221-1212 and then choose the comfortable language. After this, you need to follow the IVR.
- Press 1 for making the bookings
- Press 2 for cancelation of the flight and apply for the refund
- Press 3 If you want to know about offers
- Press 4. If your query is related to disabling the passenger
- Press 5 to connect with the representatives
- Choose the option and then connect.
Via online: If you do not need the help of the representative, then you can also go with the online method to apply for the compensation. The steps you need to follow in the application for compensation are below
- Visit the website of Delta airlines in your browser
- You need to open the contact us page
- After this, you must choose the compensation form option from the left side of the page.
- You need to mention the name, contact number, mail id, etc.
- Further, you need to fill out the details of the booking like date of travel and time of flight
- Next, you need to mention your compensation reason and submit the form.
- Last, the representative will connect with you and provide information about the compensation.
How much does Delta compensate for delayed flights?
The amount you will get for delayed flights will depend upon the distance you need to travel if your flight covers a distance of less than 1500 km, you will get 180USD to 220USD. Flights ranging from 1500km to 3000km will get 250USD to 300USD. If your flight is going for more than 3000, you will get between 400USD to 480USD.
Leave a commentYour email address will not be published.