Etihad Airways Cancellation Policy
Etihad Airways is the second-largest airline in the United Arab Emirates. Etihad Airways cancellation policy allows an easy cancellation, however, passengers need to know all these things.
- If the cancellation is made within 24 hours of the booking and at least 7 days prior to the scheduled departure date and time then the passengers can receive a full. However, after confirming the cancellation, the process cannot be reversed.
- Before cancellation, passengers need to make sure that their tickets are refundable, haven’t been used or exchanged. The tickets also need to be purchased using a single credit card and issued more than 5 days ago.
- Passengers cannot cancel tickets if there are less than 2 hours remaining for the departure. If a passenger cancels the ticket within 96 hours of the departure then an additional 10% will be applied to the applicable cancellation fee.
- The refund amount depends on the fare rules applicable to the ticket at the time of booking. However, Etihad non-refundable ticket cancellation is not applicable for refund.
- The Refunds will be credited to the same credit card that was used for the purchase of the ticket. The refund can take 14 to 30 working days to be processed and show in the cardholder’s card/bank statement.
- The booking fee for Ancillaries and Global Service is non-refundable.
- A Guest Service Fee (GSF) is applicable when the refund is made through Etihad Contact Centre or Etihad’s local offices.
- In case of the death of a passenger or an immediate family member, the refund fee will be waived. But official documentation will be required.
- In case the airline cancels a flight then you are entitled to receive an Etihad cancelled flight compensation of €uro 400 (for all flights of 3,500km or less) or €uro 600 (all flights of more than 3,500km).
- The compensation is reduced by 50% if the airline re-route passenger on an alternative flight and the arrival time of the re-routed flight does not exceed the arrival time of the scheduled flight by three hours(for all flights of 3,500km or less) or by four hours (for all flights of more than 3,500km).