How do I get a refund from Air Canada?
Refunds are available online and offline for Air Canada flight bookings. If you are someone who needs to file a refund request after the successful cancellation of your flight booking, you have come to the right place. Here is a step-by-step guide to seeking online refunds at Air Canada.
- On your preferred web browser, passengers need to open the official Air Canada website www.aircanada.com.
- The Air Canada website’s homepage will open up on the screen. Scroll down until you reach the bottom of the page.
- Select the refunds and cancellation option from the list of options.
- Travelers can find the refunds option on the page. Select it and you will again be redirected.
- A new refund request form will pop up on the screen.
- Fill out the necessary details on the form to submit your refund request.
- Mention the cancellation confirmation code along with your booking details for proceeding with your refund request at Air Canada.
- Submit the refund request form and you will receive an auto-generated email on your email address used at the time of the initial reservation.
Note: keep the refund request token handy for future reference purposes. You can also inquire about the refund status of your canceled flight booking via the refund request token number.
Is it possible to get a refund from Air Canada?
It is very much possible to get a refund for your flight reservation with Air Canada in multiple ways.
- Refunds are available for refundable flight fares reserved with the airline. Passengers can make the required changes to their flight reservation without much hassle if they have reserved a refundable flight fare with the airline. Also, refunds are available for the refundable flight fare category only.
- Refunds are not available for Air Canada's non-refundable flight fare category. Travelers will qualify for a future travel credit with the airline in the case of Air Canada non-refundable flight bookings or reservations. The future travel credit is eligible for use until 1 year from the date of issue. It allows passengers to reserve a ticket with Air Canada in the same flight category and segment.
- Travel taxes are not refundable for any fare category with the airline.
- Passengers have to pay the fare difference, (if applicable) in case a flight fare segment change is involved, on purchase using the Air Canada future travel credit.
- How do I contact Air Canada about my refund?
Passengers having trouble with refunds or having any other general query may contact the Air Canada customer service department for help and assistance. The various ways to speak with customer support professional are as follows:
The helpline number.
It is one of the most efficient ways to connect with someone at Air Canada for help. Get the contact details on the official website under the contact us option for getting in touch with someone from the customer support team on the airline.
Connect via email.
The emailing facility is offered to Air Canada consumers and they may seek assistance with their flight bookings by reaching out to Air Canada professionals via email. Draft an email and include your queries, questions, etc to get a prompt reply from the customer support executives at the airline.
Live assistance is available for Air Canada reservations as a live person word round the clock to address consumers’ issues and complications. You can find the live chat option on the official website for help and support with Air Canada reservations.
Is Air Canada giving Covid refunds?
Covid refunds are governed by the Covid 19 refund policy released by the airline in order to get refunds for your canceled flights or vacation packages. Travelers can get timely refunds for their Air Canada reservations via online and offline means. Refunds are extended up to July 2022.
How long are Air Canada refunds taking?
Refunds are available at once, however, it may take around 7 to 10 business days for the amount to reflect in your original payment source used at the time of original flight booking. Passengers can check the refund status online via the refund request token number or may connect with the professionals.
What number do I call for Air Canada Refund?
Air Canada Airlines is known for its very good customer support to its flyers. Suppose you have had a booking with Air Canada and want to cancel and get a refund on your booking. You can call the customer care of Air Canada. It is available 24*7 and toll-free for refunds and cancellation of your ticket with Air Canada. You can contact the customer service of Air Canada at - 1-888-247-2262. After dialing this number, you will be connected to the live customer support of Air Canada.
Why won't Air Canada give me a refund?
If Air Canada is not issuing you a refund, it might be because of the refund policy of airlines. To check your eligibility for a refund, you need to know the airline's refund policy.
Refund Policy of Air Canada
You are entitled to a refund if you originally booked the flight via the Air Canada website or app.
- If your ticket is refundable and you choose to cancel it within 24 hours of booking. You will get a full refund on your Air Canada Flight.
- If you cancel your flight after 24 hours, you will have to pay the cancellation fees, depending on your ticket type and destination.
- If you don’t show up at the airport, you will be charged a full penalty under the no-show policy of Air Canada.
Your refund is subject to the refund policy of the airlines. If your booking doesn’t fall under the policy of Air Canada, you won’t get a refund.
How does Air Canada Refund work?
Air Canada refunds are subject to your airline's ticket type and refund policy if you have booked via the official website of the Air Canada and paid for the ticket via credit cards. The airline will process your refund within 5-7 Business days, which will reflect in your current month statement as the airline will send the refund amount to the credit card company. The credit card company will adjust it to your current statement. If you want the refund to be immediate, you can opt for an e-credit from Air Canada, which you can redeem at the Air Canada airlines website.
Does Air Canada have a 24 hour cancellation policy?
Air Canada provides 24 hour cancellation policy to its flyer, which is very convenient, and you get a full refund on your refundable tickets. This is applicable to all refundable tickets you purchased. You might have to pay a cancellation fee if you cancel your ticket after 24 hours.
How do I cancel my Air Canada flight on Expedia?
To cancel your Air Canada flight via Expedia, you need to follow the steps given below.
- Go to the official website of Expedia.
- Go to my trips section.
- Click on manage my reservations.
- Enter your ticket number and last name.
- You will have an option to cancel your ticket.
After applying for cancellation, you will have the option to select the method of refund, and the airline will process your refund to your desired method. If you choose to get your refund at the original payment method, it will take 5-7 days, whereas E-credit refunds are immediate, and the airline sends the voucher to your email instantly.
If you still are facing some issues regarding cancellation or refund from Air Canada Airlines. You can contact the customer support of Airline. You can visit the airline's official website and go to the contact us section to address your query to the airline.