How Can I Get a Free Upgrade on Hawaiian Airlines?
Hawaiian Airlines has one of the best first class and business class cabins for its long haul flights. With amazing flat seats, amazing meals and cuisine and excellent in-flight amenities, an upgrade is the best way to get your trip started right away.
If you're looking for a free upgrade from Hawaiian Airlines and looking for ways how you can get it, or How can I get a free upgrade on Hawaiian Airlines? If you want to receive a free upgrade, Hawaiian airlines offers passengers a free upgrade on certain terms and conditions. If you have been looking for how you get it from Hawaiian Airlines, then you have come to the right place.
Upgrades using Hawaiian Airlines loyalty program miles are not an incredible deal, but for a special event, they are better than paying a full amount for first class or business class fares. We will tell you the best ways to upgrade the seat on your next Hawaiian Airlines flight without miles and cash.
What miles will you need for the upgrade?
If you want to upgrade to Hawaiian Airlines first class or business class flights, then, you will need the Hawaiian AirlinesMiles to upgrade it. Since Hawaiian Airlines is one of 18 American Express Membership Rewards Partners, the passenger can easily transfer these points to HawaiianMiles at 1:1 ratio.
Marriott Bonvoy points also works at around 40 airlines, including HawaiianMiles, at a 3:1 ratio. When you transfer 60,000 points, then you will receive 5,000 bonus points.according to the terms and conditions the passenger is allowed to to mauve 3,000 and 240,000 points per day. Bonvoy Points are automatically transferred to the airline loyalty program.
Free upgrade via Platinum and Gold Membership: Platinum and gold members get free Extra Comfort Upgrade with all the Hawaiian Airlines flights domestically as well as internationally depending on seat availability.
- When applying with a first class or business class upgrade at the time of check-in platinum members will get it for free.
- On all flights to the Neighbour islands, golf members can get the free upgrades seats.
- Free upgrades are given mostly on the first come first serve basis, with the preferences given to the platinum and gold member.
Free upgrade through loyalty program
- Upgrades with loyalty programs are not completely free but they are better than spending cash on upgrades.
- The passenger can redeem Hawaiianmiles which are earned through the loyalty program to upgrade the seat free of cost.
How can I upgrade my seat to first class?
If you are not the type of person to buy a first class seat, then you have three ways to upgrade to the first class, cash on the nose, frequent flyer miles or bidding for upgrades
- Upgrade with miles: if you are a frequent flyer then you can use the miles to upgrade to the first class seat. The fare will depend on where you are going and when you are booking.
- Pay Cash on the Day of Your departure: when you check-in online within 24 hours and if the first class seat is available then you will have the option to upgrade it, again the cost of the upgrades depends on the routes.
- Bid for Upgrades: The passenger can save some amount of money by bidding on the upgraded seat. Bids are acceptable until 48 hours before the scheduled departure time, and you will be notified within 48 hours before the departure time.
If you still have any query regarding the How can I upgrade my seat to first class? You can directly contact the Hawaiian Airlines customer service for the best help.
Hawaiian Airlines change fee and refund policy
If you have made the booking with Hawaiian Airlines and are willing to change it due to some issue, you can check the FAQs below to save your money.
Will Hawaiian Airlines waive the change fee?
Yes. Hawaiian Airlines allows you to make the changes as per your wish. Amid Covid, the airline has waived all the change fees for the passengers who want to change the itinerary. The only requirement is to have booked your ticket from Hawaiian Airlines using miles or another payment form. Also, you can change the flight for free if your changed destination is within their network. Main cabins and higher cabins are eligible for flight change for free. You can make the changes in your Hawaiian flight by following the steps below:
- Head to the Help page of Hawaiian Airlines.
- Go to the My Trip section and enter your ticket details.
- Now choose the view itinerary option and make the changes.
What are the Hawaiian Airlines refund policies?
If you are in the mood to cancel your Hawaiian Airlines flight instead of changing it, you can get a refund easily. However, there are some refund policies of the airline you should keep in mind like you can get a refund after canceling the flight and when you make a legal refund request. The airline will process your refund within 7-10 working days once you request. As per Hawaiian Airlines refund policy, you will get the refund in the original payment method and the currency you used at the time of booking.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *