How do I get a refund from TAP Air Portugal?
No one likes to lose money, especially on a trip they were not a part of. That's why TAP Air Portugal allows you to request a refund for the flight you can't board. You need to cancel the booking first and then request a refund from customer support or via an online platform.
Need the process for how do I get a refund from TAP Air Portugal? You can check the article below to find the easy steps to request a refund from the airline. Additionally, some important refund policies are also given to understand how refund with TAP works. But first, let's check the steps to get your money back.
How can I request a refund from TAP Portugal?
There are different ways to apply for a refund on TAP. You can choose any method given in the article and get a refund. To request a refund online, follow the steps below:
- Visit the official TAP website first.
- Choose the Manage Booking option from the menu.
- Enter your canceled flight number and name as per the ticket.
- Hit the Request Refund button on the same page.
- Fill out the landform available on the screen.
- In case of non-refundable tickets, provide valid proof for the flight cancellation.
- Submit the filled form to get a confirmation email from the airline's side.
With these steps, you can easily ask for a refund from TAP. besides the online website, you can choose the following platforms and ask for the money on canceled booking-
- Through customer service
- Customer support desk at the airport
- Though travel agency(if you made the booking with the agency)
You need to provide the passenger's flight information and contact details and proceed with the refund. You also need to know the TAP Air Portugal refund policy to have a smooth and untroubled process. Some of the refund policies are given in the next section.
Major TAP Air Refund Policies
- Regardless of making a refund request within 24 hours of booking the flight, you need to pay €30.00 for domestic and €45.00 as an international refund fee.
- The airline issues the refund in the form of a voucher that is non-refundable and valid up to one year from the ticket purchase date.
- The amount of refunded travel voucher is given after deducting the refund fee as per your booking type.
- If you make a refund request after the original flight's departure, the fare rules are applied to you instead of the refund fee.
- The voucher reflects your amount after 7-10 business days once the airline accepts your refund request.
So, these are the important refund policies of the airline you must know before applying for a refund. If you have any doubts regarding the refund policies of the process, dial the TAP Air Portugal contact number. Once you connect with an airline representative, request help with the technical process. Now don't wait to get your ticket value from the airline when it is that easy. Moreover, you can plan your next trip with TAP using the travel voucher any time within a year.