How far in advance are BA Cancelling flights?
If British Airways cancels your flight, they will let you know at least two or more weeks before the flight departure about the cancellation of your flight. However, cancellation can happen at any point in time. But in any case, British Airways will inform you about the flight cancellation. You can contact BA customer service to know how far in advance are BA cancelling flights to keep the safe side. You should ensure that the registered email and phone number with British Airways should be correct so that they don't have any problem contacting you and informing you about your flight status.
How do I know if my BA flight will be cancelled?
When you book your flight with British Airways, they are unlikely to cancel it. But your flight can get delayed or cancelled due to specific reasons such as bad weather, natural calamities, or any other airways reason.
You can take the following measures to learn if your BA flight will be cancelled.
Check your flight status: You can check your flight status on the website and mobile app of British Airways in the following ways:
- Visit the website of British Airways, www.britishairways.com.
- Go to Manage Bookings.
- To know the status of your flight, enter the Confirmation number and the passenger's last name.
- When you press submit. Your ticket status will appear on your screen.
- If your flight is cancelled, it will show your cancelled status, and if your ticket is not cancelled, your ticket will appear as it is on the screen.
Contact customer service: You can contact BA customer service to know the question that concerns you is how do I know if my BA flight will be cancelled, will I be informed? Please take the following steps:
- Go to the website of British Airways.
- Click on Contact Us.
- Please make a call to BA at 18002479297.
- Wait a few seconds to get in touch with the British Airways IVR system. It is essential to listen to the IVR instructions properly to contact them quickly.
- Press 1 to choose the preferred language.
- Press 2 to lost and found.
- Press 3 for refunds.
- Press 4 for bookings and reservations.
- Press 5 to know the schemes and offers of BA.
- Press 6 to repeat the instructions.
- Press 9 to talk to someone at the customer service of British Airways.
- You can choose your preferred language to listen to the instructions and talk to the agent of British Airways. Wait for some time to get in touch with the representative of British Airways.
- You can talk to the agent to know the status of your British Airways flight. They will ask you for your PNR and your last name. Please provide them with your correct information. They will let you know if BA cancels your flight.
It is advisable to give your correct contact information at the time of booking to BA. they will inform you if there are any changes in your flight or if it is cancelled. You can contact BA on the British Airways phone number to get the latest update on your flight. You can also check your flight status when you log in on the BA website and mobile app.