How Much Does it Cost To Cancel a Lufthansa Flight?
Lufthansa Airlines is the largest airline when we speak about airlines in Germany. It provides its services to both domestic and international locations and is known for the excellent level of comfort it provides to its passengers. Being the largest airline and having many subsidiaries can be a very big responsibility as it not only focuses on providing connectivity but excellent customer satisfaction to the utmost level.
Lufthansa Airlines not only provides assistance to its passengers at the time of flying but also at the time when they are sitting at the ease of their homes. If you have a booking or a reservation with Lufthansa Airlines which you no longer can fly but the only thing which is wondering you is the amount which will be deducted as a cancellation fee, no worries. You can easily get rid of this though with the help of the below mentioned points in a hassle free manner;
Cancellation fees for Lufthansa Airlines
The cancellation fees for Lufthansa Airlines are mentioned in points below;
- The cancellation fees for Lufthansa Airlines if you purchased a Refundable ticket and you are in a window which is given a term as ‘risk-free’ window.
- Risk-Free window is the time span of 24 hours after making a booking or a reservation with Lufthansa Airlines and your departure is still 7 or more days to go.
- In that case, you won’t be charged anything.
- If you cross the risk-free window, you can be charged an amount in between 39-50 dollars depending upon your ticket.
- If you are still in a window, in that case you can expect no cancellation fees even in your non-refundable ticket.
- If you cancel your ticket after the 24 hour window or if there are less then 6 days to your flight, you will only receive the tax as a refund from the payment. Rest will be deducted as cancellation fees.
Therefore, with the help of the above mentioned steps one can easily get an idea about the Lufthansa cancellation fee
Lufthansa Cancellation Policy
The conditions under which you can know the inside out of the policies revolving the cancellation procedure with Lufthansa Airlines are mentioned below;
- The Lufthansa Cancellation Policy states that you are only eligible for a refund if you cancel your flight within the time span of 24 hours from making a booking and only if there are 7 or more days left to your departure.
- If the flight gets cancelled and the reason behind the cancellation is the staff of Lufthansa, either you’ll be provided with another flight. If you are not provided with the same, then you are eligible for a compensation from Lufthansa Airlines. You can easily go for the compensation by visiting the official website of Lufthansa Airlines and filling out the compensation form on its website.
Thus, with the help of the above mentioned steps one can easily know the Lufthansa cancellation policy.
Lufthansa Customer Service
If you still have any queries and you wish to get in touch with a live person from Lufthansa Airlines, you can easily do so with the help of the below mentioned steps;
- Login or continue as a guest on the official website of Lufthansa Airlines.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Locate and click on ‘Help & Contact’ under Customer Services.
- On the following page, you’ll find the official phone number for the customer support team.
Therefore, you can find the Lufthansa airlines phone number in a hassle free manner.