How Do I Get a Refund from Air France
Are you having a booking with Air France which you wish to cancel due to a last minute change in your plan? You can surely do that because Air France allows the passengers to cancel their pre-booked Air France flight in a hassle free way.
Now you might get worried about the refund for your cancelled flight with Air France and think about, how do I get a refund from Air France? You can get a refund for your Air France cancelled flight without facing any difficulty under the refund policy of the airline. To get more details about the refund policy of Air France you may read this guide further.
Air France Refund Policy
- Air France gives a full refund to the passengers who cancel their flight within 24 hours of the original purchase. All types of tickets are eligible for a full refund under this 24 hours refund policy.
- Air France charges a cancellation fee on the flights cancelled after 24 hours of the purchase. This cancellation fee is deducted from the ticket amount and the rest is given back to the passengers.
- If a flight is cancelled by Air France due to some unpredictable situation that is not under the control of the airline, then the passengers will get a compensation for their cancelled flight.
- In the compensation for a flight cancelled by the airline or delayed by more than a given time, the passengers will either get a rebooking on another flight to the same destination or they will get a full refund for their flight.
- Air France refund is given either in the form of travel credits, which can be used within a year for future bookings or the airline refunds the ticket fare through the original payment mode.
- Air France refund is processed in 6-8 business days.
The above given points are an overview of the Air France refund policy. The airline gives a refund according to the refund policy rules. Now you must have got an idea about your refund so you can move further to the refund claim procedure of Air France.
How To Request an Air France Refund?
To make a refund claim request to Air France, the passengers may follow the steps given below:
- The passengers of Air France first need to go to the official website of Air France.
- Now, the Air France passengers need to head over to the My Booking section.
- Now, in the given space, Air France passengers need to enter their Booking code and last name and search for their flight for which they wish to claim a refund.
- Now, the Air France passengers need to head over to the refund claim section after getting the flight details.
- In the refund claim section, Air France passengers need to fill the refund request form with all the correct details.
- The passengers need to recheck all the details in the form before submitting it.
- After rechecking the details, Air France passengers need to submit the refund request form.
The refund process will take 6-8 business days from the date of submission of the refund request form. For more details about Air France refund policy, the passengers can contact the customer care service of the airline or the passengers can also visit the official website of Air France.
Get Refund for your Cancelled Flight from Air France
Have you cancelled a flight with Air France due to any unwanted situation for which you wish to claim a refund? There is no need to worry about it because Air France allows you to do it in a hassle free way. Now you might think that how is it possible to get a refund from Air France?
Getting a refund from Air France is an easy task and can be done within no time under the Air France Refund policy for cancelled flights, which helps the customers of Air France to cancel their flight in unexpected or unwanted situations, without worrying about the refund. To know more about the Air France Refund Policy, the customers can read this guide further.
Air France 24 refund policy
The airline gives a full refund for cancellation of all types of tickets within 24 hours of the actual purchase. This means, if an Air France passenger cancels a flight within 24 hours of the actual purchase then the passenger doesn’t have to pay any cancellation fee for cancelling a flight with Air France.
Refund for cancellation after 24 hours of the purchase
Air France passengers can cancel their flight even after 24 hours of the purchase but they will have to pay a cancellation fee for cancelling a flight after 24 hours of the purchase. This cancellation fee will be deducted from the fare amount and the rest will be given back to the passenger as a refund for the cancelled flight.
Refund in case of Flight Delayed by the Airline
If an Air France flight is delayed by the airline then also the passengers can claim their refund and they can also get compensation from the airline but there are certain terms and conditions under which the compensation is given. If a flight is delayed for less than 3 hours, then passengers will get free meals and refreshments from the airline. They can also get free food vouchers from the airline in case of flight delay. The passengers can also get Air France refund for delayed flight if the flight gets delayed by more than 3 hours. The passengers in this case will also get compensation for their delayed flight.
Air France refund for a flight cancelled by the airline
If a flight gets cancelled by the airline due to any unexpected situation which is out of control, then the passengers will either get a refund or a rebooking on another flight with Air France to the same destination under the Air France Refund policy for cancelled flights . If there is no other flight available for the same day, then the passengers will also get accommodation facility from Air France.
Air France Refund
The Air France refund is either given through the original payment mode or it is given in the form of travel credits which can be used within one year from the date of issuance for future bookings with Air France.
The refund from Air France is processed in 6-9 business days. The refund claim request can be made online or by contacting the customer care service of Air France. For more details about Air France refund policy, Air France compensation for delayed flights and other policies, the passengers of Air France can visit the official website of the airline or they can also call on the customer service number.
Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs ) Related To Air France Refund
Yes, you can receive a refund from Air France after cancelling a flight, depending on the conditions mentioned below.
If you cancel a ticket within the first 24 hours, you will receive a complete refund.
If you cancel a ticket after it has been more than 24 hours, you will be given a refund after the cancellation charge has been deducted from the original amount.
Of course, Air France has a refund policy depending on which passengers can request a refund under certain circumstances.
If you want to know the terms and conditions for Air France Refund Policy read the details below.
According to refund policy if you purchased your flight at least 2 days ago and up to 12 months ago, you can request for a refund
You can request a refund under if you have not received your boarding pass
If you cancel a flight within 24 hours of booking and up to 2 hours before scheduled departure, you can request a refund.
If you cancel your same-day flight within 24 hours but after midnight, you will receive a full refund excluding non-refundable fees in your account from Air France.
Getting a refund for an unused ticket from Air France depends on the type of ticket and travel class; some are non-refundable, while others are refundable but only under certain circumstances.