Is American Airlines offering refunds due to Covid 19?
American Airlines is the world's largest airline based on its fleet size and passengers carried. If the airline has canceled your flight due to Covid and you are looking for a refund. You must know the American Airlines refund policy first. Here you can go through the detailed information about the refund policy of American Airlines and some other facts related to this.
The refund policy of American Airlines
- As per the 24-hour cancellation policy of American airlines, if you cancel the flight within 24 hours of booking, you will be entitled to get a full refund. To avail of this, make sure you have booked your flight 7 days or more before the departure.
- The 24-hour policy is applicable for all ticket types, whether refundable or non-refundable.
- If you cancel the flight after 24 hours, you will get a refund for a refundable ticket with the cancellation fee deduction.
- For non-refundable tickets, you will not get any refund except the administration fee or government taxes.
- If the airlines cancel your flight due to Covid-19, the airline will either provide an alternate flight to the same destination or travel vouchers.
In case you are worried about is American Airlines offering refunds due to Covid 19? You can also speak to the airline's reservation department and request a refund. You can choose this option when you neither want an alternate flight nor a travel voucher.
These are some terms and conditions that you can follow before applying for a refund for your canceled flight. Besides, the American airline has also introduced some requirements if you want to travel during Covid. Here you can get detailed information about American Airlines' Covid test requirements for international flights. You must meet these requirements to make your journey smooth and happy.
Guidelines for Covid test requirement in American airlines, International flights
- As the Americana airline Covid guidelines, all the passengers who are two years and older must provide their contact information to the airline 72 hours before departure.
- You must submit a negative Covid test result before boarding the flight if you are above two years. The Covid test results should take the Covid test before the departure.
- In case you have recovered from the COVID, you should carry the recovery documentation; the sample which tested positive should be 90 days before
- You must carry a letter issued by public health officials which states that you are clear to travel.
- Make sure you sign an attestation form, confirming that you meet the U.S entry requirement and the information you are providing is true.
- For children under two years, there is no testing required
- You must submit the vaccination proof before boarding the flight. If you don't submit, you will not be allowed to board the plane.
So reading the information above, hoping you understood the American Airlines refund policy and Covid test requirement. Besides, if you need any further information or updates regarding refund and Covid guidelines, you can always speak to the American airline customer representative.