Can you cancel a WestJet Flight After Booking?
Westjet is the Canadian low-cost airline that is headquartered at Calgary International airport. The airline consists of 184 aircraft in its fleet which is used to operate its services to 100 destinations around the world. The airline is low-cost and hence is known to save a lot of money as compared to other aviation companies in the market. The airline is also the second-largest airline company of Canada and is known to best in customer service on and off the air.
Services offered by WestJet Airlines
WestJet airline is known to offer the best services to its customers. From easy and effortless reservations to WestJet airline's online check-in option, this airline has not left any stone unturned in serving its customers. The airline also has a simple baggage policy for the passengers along with convenient ways to book or cancel the flight. Interestingly. WestJet airlines also have the ability to manage your travel with its “Manage Booking” option. Apart from this, the airline also has easy ticket cancellation terms keeping the benefits of passengers intact. If you are wondering about its cancellation policy then you may read the points below.
Efficient Terms and Conditions Related with WestJet Cancellation Policy:
The officials at WestJet airline understand that passengers may face some issues that come bugging them out of the blue and as a result, this may directly affect the itinerary. As a result to which WestJet came up with its cancellation policy. Let us now study all the essential points in the WestJet Airlines Cancellation Policy.
- If the passenger is canceling the flight within 24 hours of original booking then he will be refunded the full amount of his payment. And the payment will be sent to the original source within 4 hours.
- In case the passenger is canceling the flight after 24 hours or even canceling the flight that is to be deported on the same day of cancellation then he is required to pay the cancellation fees per person.
- The amount in the cancellation fees varies depending upon the type of journey, discounts or coupons availed, etc.
- The cancellation or refund of WestJet airlines can be done by the “Manage My Travel” option available on the official website of WestJet airlines.
- Also, according to the WestJet airlines Refund policy, the refund might take 3-4 business days to reflect in the account.
Therefore, with the help of the above information, the passengers may take the reference and act accordingly. Further, if you do not know how to use this cancellation option then you may follow the steps below.
Are you willing to know the provisions concerning flight cancellation on WestJet Airlines? However, canceling a pre-booked flight ticket on WestJet is quite convenient still there are a few conditions you must understand before making a final decision. Moreover, WestJet Airlines passengers have the option to apply for the ticket cancellation either online or via a reservation call center. Further, the specific terms & conditions described beneath the cancellation policy of WestJet Airlines are as enlisted listed below.
As per the 24 hours cancellation policy of the WestJet, passengers are allowed to cancel all the bookings for free within the stipulated time period of 24 hours, except for the same-day booking.
- WestJet also allows canceling a flight after 24 hours until 2 hours prior to scheduled departure, but in such cases, they charge a certain amount of cancellation fee.
- The cancellation fee charged by WestJet Airlines is around 250 dollars per ticket.
- WestJet doesn’t refund for a basic fare ticket cancellation after 24 hours from booking. However, all other fare types are refunded in a future wallet or original payment mode.
- WestJet forfeits the whole ticket amount in case of the no-show from the passenger side.
Hence, the cancellation policy of WestJet Airlines Reservations explained above will help you to decide upon a final ticket cancellation. Additionally, you can contact the customer care department of WestJet Airlines for knowing any further information regarding its reservation services.
What is Westjet COVID 19 Cancellation Policy?
In these pandemic situations of COVID 19, everyone is fighting with tough situations and confronting plenty of problems including those who booked their flight ticket to their preferred destination with their favorite airlines. Everyone is cancelling their flight ticket and airlines understand these things very well and try to satisfy their passengers with low-cost cancellation charges. Westjet Airlines is also providing the cancellation and refund facility for the passengers. If you have booked your flight ticket with it, then you need to know about Westjet Airlines COVID 19 cancellation policy before making any kind of cancellation request.
Westjet COVID 19 Cancellation Policy
You are allowed to cancel your flight anytime without any cancellation fee if the reservation is made before this pandemic situation.
You will get the full value of your flight that you cancel and this value will be credited to a Travel Bank which will be valid for 24 months from the time or date of issue.
If you have taken Westjet Vacation packages, then you will get this amount as Westjet dollars that would be valid for 24 months.
You can make your cancellation request online or you can also make a phone call to their toll free number.
You can also look for Westjet refund if you cancel your flight ticket as per the COVID 19 policy which is prescribed by Westjet Airlines. In case you require any kind of assistance regarding the cancellation due to COVID 19, then you can take help by contacting the customer service team of Westjet Airlines.
How to Cancel the WestJet Flights
Land on the web browser and go to the official website of WestJet airlines.
Tap on the “Manage My Travel” option available at the top of the page.
Enter the booking or reservation number and family name and tap “Next”.
Fetch the corresponding booking and then tap “Cancel”.
Enter the reason for your cancellation and tap “Confirm”.
Thus, with the help of the above steps, the passengers may easily cancel his tickets without any hassle.
Are You Confused? Contact WestJet Airlines Helpline Number
In case any passengers are facing issues with the airlines then they are free to contact WestJet airline reservations number. This number is 24/7 active so that the passengers may contact any time of the hour without hesitation.
Can WestJet dollars be refunded?
When you regularly travel with some airline, they provide you some loyalty points. Similarly, WestJet provides its customers the WestJet dollars that can be used for flight booking, ticket upgrades, and many other things. You can get the WestJet dollars on your journey and buy it as well.
Some passengers have questions about can WestJet dollars be refunded. Unfortunately, you can’t refund the WestJet dollars due to its policy. But the advantage is that the WestJet dollars do not expire, so you can save them and use them for future travels. If you want to know more about the refunds on WestJet, you can read the complete article given below.
Some refund policies of WestJet
There are times when you purchase the ticket or WestJet dollars, but circumstances spin around. You don’t get a chance to redeem or use them. In such cases, you should always check the refund policies of the airline.
- WestJet dollars: If you have brought the WestJet dollars with the airline, you can get any refund as they are non-refundable. However, they can be redeemed anytime in the future as they don’t expire.
- Refundable tickets: If you have canceled a refundable ticket, you are eligible to get your total refund. You need to cancel your WestJet flight in the first 24 hours of the booking to get a complete refund.
- Non Refundable tickets: You won’t get any refund on your non-refundable tickets. However, if you have made the cancellation in the first 24 hours of the booking or there is some emergency with the passenger, you can request a refund.
- Cancellation by the airline: If there is a delay of more than 90 minutes in your flight, if WestJet has canceled the flight for some reason, you can demand your total refund.
If you are thinking- is WestJet refundable ticket worth the money, then the answer is yes. You don’t get refunds on a non-refundable ticket, and if you doubt your trip, it is best to spend money on a refundable ticket. Also, you can choose the flight change option rather than canceling it. To know more about the flight change option on WestJet, you can check the following segment.
WestJet flight change Policy
You can choose to change your flight details instead of canceling the flight. You just need to get on the official website of WestJet and select the Manage Booking option. Lately, many passengers have been complaining that they can’t change their WestJet flight online. The possible reasons are given below.
- Flight information: You might be using the wrong itinerary details in your WestJet flight. You need to check the ticket number and other details well before making the change.
- Third-party: You must have booked your flight with the help of some travel agent. To change the ticket online, the booking must be made through an online website or reservation counter.
- Approaching deadline: If you have not changed the flight before 2 hours of the departure, you won’t be able to make the necessary changes online.
These are some reasons for your question as to why can not I change my WestJet flight online. For this, you can contact the customer service of WestJet and get more information. If you have queries on WestJet dollars, you can check the FAQ section on the WestJet website. The live person will also help you to get all the answers on WestJet dollars and flight change.