What Happens if I Cancel My British Airways?
British airways are the popular travel airline to book a flight at a huge discount. You can easily book a flight with British online or contact the customer support team and earn maximum points and rewards to make your journey more comfortable. Some customer after book their flight needs to cancel it and ask what happens if I cancel my British Airways flight? To cancel the flight, you need to understand the British airways flight cancellation policy. If your flight is eligible for a refund, then you will get a refund after cancellation. To make the cancellation possible easily, you can get in touch with the British Airways website or talk to the customer representative.
What is the British airways cancellation policy?
Following are some of the important points regarding the cancellation, which customers must understand before cancelling of flight:
- You can cancel the flight within 24 hours of the booking to avail the full refund.
- If you cancel the flight after 24 hours but up to 7 days before the departure, you need to pay some cancellation charges, which will deduct from the original fare.
- Non-refundable are not subject to any refund at the cancellation. You will get only a travel voucher for future flights.
- If you cancel the flight on the day of departure due to an emergency or the death of a relative, you will get full compensation but are subject to some documentation you need to submit as proof.
- The airline also cancels the flight due to bad weather and give you another date for departure on same itinerary.
How to cancel the British Airways flight ticket?
You are required to cancel the ticket online at the British website easily, or you can get in touch with the customer support team. With the below points, you can solve your problem of can I cancel a British airways flight within 24 hours? As you can get a full refund if you cancel the flight within 24 hours. Follow the below steps to cancel the flight online:
- Open the British airways official website on your browser and go to the manage booking option.
- Enter the booking confirmation number and last name of the passenger and click to submit.
- You can see the booking details on your screen, choose the flight you want to cancel and proceed further.
- After selecting the flight, click on the cancel the flight button.
- Your cancellation amount will be displayed on the screen, and a payment summary after deduction will be available if you have cancelled the flight after 24 hours. Click to confirm the cancellation.
- A cancellation confirmation will be sent to you at your registered email id, and a refund will process within 7 to 20 working days at your payment source.
If you cannot cancel the flight with the above steps, you can contact the customer service team for cancellation. You need to dial the British airways contact number available at the British website in the contact section. Talk to the executive, and they guide you properly about the cancellation policy.