What happens when you miss a flight on Egyptair?
Missing the flight is a nightmare for many travelers. It's not only the loss of money, but it also ruins the plan and the mood. If you have missed your flight with Egyptair, there are certain things that you should know.
If you are willing to get the answer to what happens when you miss a flight of Egyptair, you will get your answer in this article. The first and foremost thing you should do is inform the airline that you will not be able to attend the flight. Let's check the reasons why.
What to do when you miss an Egyptair flight?
If you have missed your flight with Egyptair, there are chances that the No Show policy will apply to you. This means-
- You won't be able to apply for a refund on your ticket.
- If you have booked a round trip, your returning flight will be canceled automatically.
- You won't have certain privileges with the airline like getting travel miles etc.
To deal with the situation, the best thing you can do is inform the airline in advance to make other arrangements accordingly. Other than this, once you reach the airport, you can follow the given instructions:
- Request refund: You can go to the service counter and request your refund. You have to provide a valid reason for why you are late. The airline may take further steps depending on your reasons and ticket type.
- Book another flight: You can take a new flight within two hours of the original flight. For that, you may need to pay some fees, but the airline will not cancel the complete trip.
- Reschedule the flight: If you know that you won't make it to the airport on time, you need to dial the Egyptair phone number. You can request to reschedule the same fight within 24 hours of duration.
These are some basic things that you can do if you have missed your flight with Egyptair. However, there is more to missing the flight with Egyptair. If you have missed a connecting flight due to Egyptair, you need to check the policies given below.
What are the rights you have if you miss a flight due to Egyptair?
If you have reached the airport on time and got on board the first flight on time, you carry some rights for missing the connecting flight. The rights are-
- The airline will provide you with another consecutive flight at the same ticket price.
- You can ask for the remaining refund from Egyptair in case of miss the connecting flight.
- Egyptair will arrange your stay at the nearest hotels if your next connecting flight takes more than 3 hours.
- If you carry extra baggage, the airline will take all the responsibility for missed or destroyed baggage.
You should know these things if you have missed a flight with Egyptair due to any reason. If you want to get some more information on the airline, you can contact Egyptair customer service and get all the details. You can also ask the live person to make some necessary arrangements depending on the reschedule policy of Egyptair.