How to get a refund from Avianca?
No one wants to spend money on a travel trip they had to cancel for some reason. Fortunately, if you have booked your ticket with Avianca, you will get your refund after canceling the flight. Though there are some things you need to consider before requesting a refund, the process is very easy.
Can you cancel the Avianca flight?
If you are wondering about can you cancel the Avianca flight and still get a refund, then the answer is yes. We have listed the process below in this article.
Steps to get a refund from Avianca
If you want to initiate a refund request from Avianca, you need to follow the steps below:-
- You need to head to the official website of Avianca.
- Click on the Manage your Booking option to proceed.
- You will be required to enter your ticket number and last name in the given space.
- Click on the Continue button to find your bookings.
- Now, select the Cancellations option and pick Refunds from the menu.
- You will find the request refund tab, where you have to select the payment options from the dropdown menu.
- You have to provide the ticket number also and then click on the Access button.
- You need to fill a form stating your reason and Submit the request.
How long does it take to get a refund from Avianca?
This way, you will be able to initiate the refund request and get the refund within few working days. If you want to know the answer of how long does it take to get a refund from Avianca, the maximum time is 30 days. The refund usually gets initiated within seven working days and is reflected in your account by one month.
Other ways to request a refund from Avianca
Via Customer Service:
- You need to go to the customer service of Avianca
- There you will find different contact options to get in touch with Avianca.
- You can choose any method like call, chat or email to make a request.
- You need to tell the information about your ticket to the customer representative, and they will help you initiate the refund request.
Refund at the Airport: You can directly ask for a refund at the airport. You need to go to the customer service counter and request a refund. By following the instructed procedure, you can get a refund in person.
There are some things you need to know before requesting a refund. Read the next segment to know the refund policy of Avianca.
Avianca Refund Policy
- You are eligible for a refund if you have a refundable ticket.
- You will get a full refund if you cancel the flight on the same day of booking.
- If you have canceled the flight 7 days before the departure, a refund is possible.
- You will get your refund in the original payment method only.
So, these are some things you need to know if you want to get a refund from Avianca. If you are thinking about how much it is to change a flight on Avianca, the approximate cost is $500-$700, depending on the class you choose. You will also have to pay the fare difference along with the flight change fees. You can check the official website of Avianca to get more information Avianca customer service will available 24by7.
Avianca Airlines Cancellation Policy
Get to know about the Avianca airlines cancellation policy, Avianca airline is a significant carrier airline of Columbia that is engaged in serving an extensive range of domestic and international flights. Avianca gives you a facility to cancel your flight ticket without any hassles.To make your ticket cancelled, you need to understand the Avianca airlines cancellation policy due to COVID-19 in a simple manner. By knowing the cancellation rules, you can save the cancellation charges. You can read the below information regarding the rules and regulations to be followed before ticket cancellation:-
Avianca airlines cancellation policy due to COVID-19:-
- Avianca offers free cancellation within 24 hours of the flight ticket purchase. If a passenger cancels a flight less than 24 hours of the purchase, he or she will not require to pay the cancellation charges.
- If the cancellation is made after 24 hours of the purchase but within seven days of departure, customers need to pay cancellation charges.
- Cancellation charges will depend on the type of ticket you have purchase and the time left for departure.
- Moreover, only refundable tickets will get a refund on cancelling the flights. If you purchase the non-refundable ticket, you will get only flight credit at your Avianca account. The travel credit can be used to make other flight reservations in a certain period.
- As per the new COVID-19 guidelines, you can change your flight ticket to another date and time if your flight is disturbed due to COVID.
How to cancel your flight ticket with Avianca airlines?
Flight tickets purchased with Avianca airlines can be canceled online by paying some Avianca airlines cancellation fees as per the policy. You can also contact the customer support team of Avianca. Following are the steps to make the cancellation:
- First, open the Avianca airlines official site on your browser and go to the manage booking tab.
- Now enter the last name of the passenger and booking reference number.
- You can see the flight details, choose the flight you want to cancel and click on the change/cancellation button.
- With this, your flight ticket will be canceled, and you will receive a cancellation confirmation at your registered email address.
With the above information, you can proceed with cancellation at Avianca, but some customers ask how to cancel your Avianca airlines flight by phone? You need to open the Avianca contact section and go to the call option to get the phone number, now dial the number, and speak with the representative to cancel your flight ticket.